Sunday, August 5, 2012

What you do defines you

  I always thought that I could keep my thoughts to myself. That I could control what came out of my mouth even though if it was half of what I was really thinking. Just like we are what we eat....how we think is how we act. The human mind can not control what will pop up in our mind next, but we can take charge of our over all thoughts. Most of us think that whatever we think is done by ourselves. But did you know that God knows what your thinking before you do? I believe that is more than enough proof that God is the deliver of all our thoughts. Well then why do we get those sinful thoughts? Why do we think the way we do? Our mind is to be set just to let God fill it, but just like a virus Satan finds his way through to infect the process of our thinking. Have you ever struggled to hold back words that you think are to be said but somehow you know its wrong to act on them? Its almost impossible to know what God wants us to say. But I have a pretty good feeling that He wants us to tell nothing but the whole truth. Now I'm not saying if you think somebody needs to be put in there place that you should go up to them and cuss them out. Because we are to pray for those that persecute us.Our minds can become a battle ground when we don't confess everything, if we never tell what we really mean then are we ever living a truthful life? Don't trap your thoughts in your mind and never set them into action because God didn't put them in your head for no reason. Did you ever wonder why all of our thoughts are different? Our thoughts make up our character...so if we all had the same exact thoughts we would all be the same. When we choose not to let our thoughts define our actions we are cheating. You might think well if I put my thoughts into actions I would not want to be that person! Well that's not a good thing but, that is the case with everyone. Just stop and imagine what the world would be like if everyone acted out every single thought they had. Kind of terrifying to  imagine. One way God shows us our character is by giving us our thoughts so why not embrace it! And if your worried your thoughts are for all the wrong motives then change your thoughts! Because the thoughts that are wrong and bring nothing but sin are NOT the thoughts from God. Don't be blinded by that. The input will become the output. And I find it extremely hard to control the input, to make a better output. Because you need to tell the difference between the Godly thoughts and the worldly thoughts. And our mind deceive us into thinking that they are both the same...but the worldly thoughts are Gods thoughts that were twisted and altered till the human mind can recognize them for what they truly are. Romans 5:4 states, " And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation." This is words of wisdom showing us that if we endure the hard part of training our minds to see the difference of the worldly thoughts vs. the Godly thoughts then our character will strengthen. And just by having a strong character we will begin to develop a glimpse of hope that we have salvation. I challenge you this week to become more aware of your thoughts, can you see the difference between your Godly thoughts and your worldly thoughts? Don't get discouraged, find the ability to see the difference. And be prepared for your character to change, and let that change in. Because we could all use an opening eye to what God really wants our character to be.

Word of the Day: "Don't be fooled by those who say such things, for "bad" company corrupts good character. Think carefully about what is right, and stop sinning..."
                                                                     ~1 Corinthians 15:33-34

2 comments:

  1. I read your blogs every Sunday. Often when I read a part of your blog I start to understand some things better. Like you comparing Satan to a virus makes more sense to me then what other people say. I also like your point of view on some of the subjects that are hard to understand. Keep writing the blogs, you are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading! And I am glad that I can help you understand things better. And if there's any topics you want me to write about let me know and id love to read more into it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete