Sunday, September 29, 2013

Against Ourselves

    We blame our failure on this world. In light of this we chase dreams that are not our own. We get so upset over things that we could prevent but dont realize the source. Often we work against ourselves when God calls us to work through him in order to live our life. So what do you think would happen if we took the responsibility for what we do and think? Now im not saying that we aren't responsible people. The focus is on discovery what it means to not be against ourselves. 

    God created us to work as a unit....but often in ourselves. It is weird to think of us working together within ourselves. When we don't work in our favor we create another opinion in our head that works against us. To explain this further...if you just picture our purpose to be fused with God. So technically here there is one mind, one heart, and one soul through Christ we live a fulfilling life. It's when we go against this that we allow a gap to form for the world to fill. Being unsteady with the components in our life seems so hard to grip. That is because the world fills in the cracks. 

    I remember as a kid I would love looking at the outside of a puzzle box to see what it's going to look like when I'm done in hopes that I can make that. Of course the puzzles were usually full of a gazillion pieces and it seemed impossible to complete. I would be able to start off with a clear mind of patience to out the outside together and I thought I was so good at puzzles. But soon I would start to get impatient and try to jam pieces together that didn't even remotely go together. So my sister or parents would join in and help me find the right pieces to make the beautiful scene. If someone else never looked at that puzzle when I got frustrated with myself then it would of taken a lot longer or not even of been finished. 

   Going against ourselves creates such a battle for us and delays us from living our lives. If you look back on your life I'm sure you can attest to this fact occurring. It's hard to not let this happen but let that be our focus this week. When you find yourself going against yourself stop and ask to be one with God because you can't afford to be anything else. 



Word of the Day: " But Jesus looked at them instead and said, " With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." 

               ~Matthew 19:26

No comments:

Post a Comment