Sunday, November 11, 2012

A(acts) of R(random) K(kindness)


              
 
           I turned on the TV last night while babysitting and found nothing on to watch. As I kept scrolling I found that Evan Almighty was on. Now I have watched this movie before but I never really read into all of the lessons that pertain to God! As I was watching this a lot of scenes stuck in my head. This clip posted here was one of my favorites. When I sat down to watch TV I was also going to write this blog and I had no clue what to write about. After I had finished the movie I still had no idea what to write about. So the night went on and after a couple of naps I woke up to scroll for something to watch again. And Evan Almighty was on again! So I thought okay maybe this movie will help me....this clip (and the rest of the movie) gave me today's wisdom. Right now I want you to watch this clip above.
 
 
 
         The clip starts out with the wife of Evan who is upset to see that her husband believes that God told him to build an ark for a big flood just like Noah was told back in biblical times. This idea seems crazy to her because they aren't living in biblical times. But who says you have to be living in biblical times to have a miracle of God happen? Most people look back on the story of the great flood and Noah to say that its all about God having a wrath of anger on the earth. But as "God" states in this clip (aka, Morgan Freeman)....the ark is a love story. Its about believing in each other, if you read back in Genesis 7:14-15 it states "With them in the boat were pairs of every kind of animal-domestic and wild, large, and small- along with birds of every kind. Two by two they came into the boat, representing every living thing that breathes." The animals worked together through the love of Christ, they came in pairs to work together. The animals were committed to God and each other just like Noah was committed to God and the ark. We are all children of God that are one body. We are the body of Christ that is to represent God in the best way possible. If you think of us all as a literal body, each part of the body is vital. If you cut off the hand, the body is gonna have trouble functioning without a hand. It wont be able to grasp things as well with just one hand. And the dead hand is still a hand but it is still lifeless without its body. This is the same idea for us Christians. If we claim to be Christians and are not a part of the body them our faith is dying. We are to be together in this. Being there for each other through bothers in Christ makes one body. And when you hear that the body of the church...its not the building itself. Its the people in it that make it up. We need to come together to become one to build the body of Christ on this earth!! I don't have a challenge for you this week, but I want you to keep ARK in your mind. Act of Random Kindness....see where that takes you. Make ARK a part of you everyday lives....and remember. We are all the body of Christ and we are to be there for each other. Two by two.
 
 
 
Food for Thought: "Let me ask you something... If some one prays for patience, you think god gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does god gives them courage? Or does he give them opportunities to be courageous? If some one prayed for the family to be closer, you think god zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings? Or does he give them opportunities to love each other?"
                                                         ~ God (Morgan Freeman)

No comments:

Post a Comment