Sunday, December 16, 2012

Never Cease to Amaze

      I think we forget to stop and reflect on the little things that a day can bring. When I write to you guys I often write about big topics or subjects in the world through the bible. But I realized that I never just talk about God freely. Just stopping and thinking about all the great things God has done gives our minds a break from the horrors of this world. I know its hard to see the good in the world in our life and all around us when the world seems so messed up. To some people, their world may be evil but for the rest of us we can look past the evil to see our lives. If I haven't already told you, like several other people I have my own place to go for my quiet times. When I have time I will often take bike rides down to the playground by the water. It is normally pretty quiet down there by the water and this allows me to sit down and have my quiet times. One time I went down there and I was praying to God that he would just show me sign that he was actually listening to me and that I wasn't just talking to nobody. I was having a rough day and I just wanted one of those miraculous signs that I have heard about from several other people. So as soon as I said that I saw a shooting star. And that showed me that God was actually listening. Also another time I was asking him to show me a sign I was sitting on a bench down by the water doing my quiet time to look down at the bench to see a heart carved in the bench right next to me....God does love us. And boy does he show it.

    Every year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving me and my family go up to Park City to start our Christmas shopping. This year I was kinda bored because I was walking around by myself and I cant remember why but I was in a bad mood and a little angry with God. So as I was walking around shopping I was walking close to a book store and I was gonna go in but I wasn't sure because I didn't know if they would have a book I was looking for. But I ended up walking into the  store anyways and I walked around for a while looking extremely weird because I couldn't find the Christian book section for the life of me. So I finally found it and when I got there, there was a lady in there looking at the books. Nothing out of the ordinary. So I'm just looking for books and all. And this lady turns around and ask me what bible she should get. I answer her question and then we just kept looking. Then she starts asking me about a couple of authors and the devotions they write and we started talking about that. And I would just like to stop the story for a second and say WOW!!! First off I never get those types of experiences where I talk to a total stranger about God!!!! Okay so back to the story... so we start to talk more and more. And we ask where each other is from and where we go to church and all. Then this older man comes up to the both of us and starts talking to us about this book called Harbinger and how it shows the true reality of today's world without God. So here I am talking to now TWO strangers about the word of God!!!! Once the older man leaves we go back to looking for books and occasionally talking to each other. And I wasn't finding the book I wanted, and I am usually pretty shy so she was talking more than me while I continued to look. And when we would stop talking I got this voice in my head that gave me the idea to tell her about my blog. And at first I wasn't going to do it because I didn't know how to bring it up for her to check out my blog. So I was still looking and I came over the books of Francis Chan and my youth pastor had introduced me to him through youth group and I have written about him on here before. It just clicked then that I should talk about my blog by showing her the books by Francis Chan and saying that I write a blog and that I did one on Chan. So I did. And the next thing you know, she wanted the address to my blog!!!!! And she asked for paper for me to write it down on, and I didn't have any except for this pamphlet that I didn't want to take at a very expensive Pandora shop. So I used that useless piece of paper and used it for something useful. Once we got some info from each other, she ended up giving me a big huge and we said goodbye. And I just stopped and thought to God. You never cease to amaze me. Here I was being a grump while I was shopping and there God went showing me that his glory will always prevail and that he is everywhere.

   There is no certain challenge this week. But I just wanted to just share random things from what I have seen first hand from God. And I knew I wanted to share it with you guys. But for those of you that like the weekly challenge...I encourage you to stop and think beyond all of the hustle and bustle and just REFLECT!! And share by commenting right here on the page or email me or send me a message on facebook and I would love to learn from you or help you or just listen to what God has done for you. Let us share our amazing stories because Gods wonders should never be left untold.




These verses hang on my mirror as a constant reminder to me:
"Don't long for "the good old days." This is not wise."  ~Ecclesiastes 7:10
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."  ~Hebrews 11:1
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not boast, it is not proud."  ~1 Corinthians 13:4
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  ~Matthew 11:28
"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those we earnestly seek him."  ~Hebrews 11:6


Have your own favorite verses or quotes that are your constant reminder? Comment to share I would love to hear what speaks to you! Or let me know if any of these verses work in you!

1 comment:

  1. My email is kaitlynsartori@yahoo.com. Dont be afraid to email me to talk about this weeks post or weeks past. Or just anything! I am here and I wanna talk with you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete