Sunday, May 5, 2013

Full of Frustration

        We have our days. I like to think that we wake up with the hopes of having a great day even if we have undesirable events ahead of us. Or we can also tend to have the mind of a glass half empty feeling by know that well...the day is just going to stink all around. There are just times that we really can't control what happens to us as we go throughout our day and ultimately our lives.
        So today was my misfortune day. It was missions Sunday at my church, it was basically just a day for the church family to pull together and see what the missions team is going to this summer plus there were chances to be involved with the whole process. Well I was the person that woke up with a half full glass of ice cold milk. I was to speak and set up my video for the missions team as part of being a team member. First off I feel asleep before my alarm clock was set so I had to get ready in about half of my desired time. Once at the church I was getting my video ready and didn't see many more members around. But little did I know they were having a rough morning as well. Everyone around me today seemed to have the devil just standing right on their shoulder making us wonder if this was all worth it. Well it didn't knock any of us down, the good Lord got his job done well today. To top of the days misfortune of events, my shattered phone needed to be replaced and I'm sure you all know how much havoc it is to work with phone companies. Lets just say that I didn't get my replacement phone.
        The purpose of this isn't to share all my stress from today it is for me to show you the one thing that came to my mind through all of this. When I was coming home from the phone store I was just ticked because the whole situation wasn't solved. I started to realize that, isn't it sad that we have been trained to want things as soon as there needed? Our world has gone from the stone ages to the ages of iPhone 5's and self parking cars. Our world has run rampant for new and inventive thing, while personality and the true meaning of life just gets trampled on. When I found myself just mad at the world over a stupid phone, I asked myself do I really NEED this Godly possession as much as I think I do? Obviously as a teenage American I won't go without a cellphone...I will eventually get a phone (lets hope so). But the point is that I realized that I need to create tolerance for myself when things don't go my way. Sometimes our own world can work against us and we tend to separate our being. We take our world and plot it against our religion. My advice for this little child fit we all through is to just step back and really look at how your reacting to the situation.
        
                                                             1 Corinthians 13:1-13
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; ...

        Whenever you are just having a bad day think of yourself as a spoiled little brat. I know it sounds really dumb. But when you see yourself on such a horrible light it forces us to come back to reality. There isn't much more to say about this because its a short lesson that needs to be heard. When we get frustrated and just feel like starting over step back and do just that.


Word of the day:  "The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit."
                                                   Psalm 34:18


"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
                                         Philippians 4:7

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

                                                                Isaiah 41:10
         

No comments:

Post a Comment