Sunday, May 25, 2014

Holy Spirit Series Part III: Final Wrap

It is the matter of us all being able to be filled with the Holy Spirit that gets me. I look around at everyone in this world to see that we are to all carry the word of Christ but yet not everyone chooses that. We are all called to recognize the Lord and all He has to offer but that doesn't exactly work. But what if everyone did believe. Do you think churches and mission's trips would be as important anymore? I think that a lot of times we often forget that we are a soul with a body and not a body with a soul.

    The importance and understanding of the Holy Spirit is often swept under the rug. But it was the times that I encountered the Holy Spirit that was truly life altering. On one of my missions trips to the Dominican Republic I was able to feel the presence of Christ as I was in a foreign place. It was then that I was able to truly feel the grace of Christ in something that I was so unsure of. Now that doesn't mean that you need to go to a foreign place on a missions trip to encounter the Holy Spirit you just need to accept it.

    We have touched base on what the Spirit is about and what characteristics it withholds. But what happens when we understand all of those things but yet we don’t experience it? There are several times where Christ is quite but yet do you know that he is always there? It is often in the times of silence that the biggest things are happening in your mind as well as God’s.

   It is in the ability to recognize that the Spirit wants us and that God wants to use us for good. But it is another thing to accept that. So make sure that those around you receive this good news as well as yourself taking that leap. Allow Christ to fill your every thought and every action and every word that another will hear. Let Him flood your mind and watch what miracles will come of it.


God says, “Rebuild the road!
    Clear away the rocks and stones
    so my people can return from captivity.”
The high and lofty one who lives in eternity,
    the Holy One, says this:
“I live in the high and holy place
    with those whose spirits are contrite and humble.
I restore the crushed spirit of the humble
    and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts.
For I will not fight against you forever;
    I will not always be angry.
If I were, all people would pass away—
    all the souls I have made.
 I was angry,
    so I punished these greedy people.
I withdrew from them,
    but they kept going on their own stubborn way.
I have seen what they do,
    but I will heal them anyway!
    I will lead them.
I will comfort those who mourn,
 bringing words of praise to their lips.
May they have abundant peace, both near and far,”
    says the LORD, who heals them.
“But those who still reject me are like the restless sea,
    which is never still
    but continually churns up mud and dirt.
 There is no peace for the wicked,”
    says my God.
~Isaiah 57:14-21

No comments:

Post a Comment